Maybe FUDCon’s most important day was today with many talks taking place at the four available rooms. I had the chance to “participate” to five of them but unfortunately lost a couple presentation that i wanted to see. Let me review a few things from the sessions.
- Custom Spins, Jeroen van Meeuwen talked about revisor and gave us many cool entries for our kickstart files. Then discussed the current status and future of many fedora custom spins with their representatives which were there.
- Ambassadors :: Francesco Ugolini gave us a great talk about Fedora ambassadors. Later on we discussed with Max FAMSco’s plans for FA and their role. “Everybody in fedora is an ambassador” Dimitris Glezos said.
- OLPC & Sugar :: OLPC team talked us about the OLPC’s project current status and later on about sugar an operating system based on fedora for XO machine. We had the opportunity to download and test sugar as you can run it at your own machine and “play”. We also played with a couple XO machine who where there.
- Spacewalk :: It was a very good presentation with a lot of live testing on the screens.
- Transifex :: For the punch line I am putting Transifex. Dimitris Glezos’ project made huge steps this year and I think it will success in the future. Behind transifex there is a great programmers team and I consider myself very lucky because I know three of them. Dimitris Glezos, Christos Trochalakis and Diego Búrigo Zacarão do most transifex’s work and I consider them as talented python hackers and great guys too. Great work guys!
After the sessions we all went to a pub next to the University, to drink beer, eat something and start some flames. We were almost 100 people there drinking and having a good time. After the lunch and a jboss discussion two guys took their guitars and started singing. In every table even the guys who were not sitting there was a different topic to discus event ancient Greek history. I met many people from the hole globe today and I learned some words in many different languages, like in Portuguese, Romanian, Slovakian, Russian, Czech, German and Swedish.
I want to thank you all you guys for having a great time tonight.
Don’t forget to thanks RedHat for paying our dinner and drinks.